About the job
Times Higher Education are recruiting for a driven and results orientated SEO Technical Analyst to join their busy team in Central London.
Reporting to the SEO manager, the SEO technical analyst will be an integral part in delivering data-driven insights from a range of SEO datasets to support SEO goals. We are looking for someone with a passion for SEO with experience delivering data-driven SEO insights and reports that reveal content and ranking opportunities, are aligned to ROI, and that measure the impact of SEO strategies to cross-department stakeholders. Your data-driven insights and analysis help improve processes, increase efficiency and improve overall productivity across teams.
Times Higher Education is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university ranking, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally.
Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals and our events series act as the home of higher education thought leadership around the world.
THE’s highly prestigious series of global summits and forums are designed for university leaders and policymakers, featuring Nobel laureates, leading global thinkers, University presidents and government representatives, whilst our Digital Universities Week and THE Campus Live series attract practitioners from around the world to discuss best-practice alongside the leading brands supporting the sector.
To include, but not be limited to:
- Working with the SEO Manager to implement THE’s SEO strategy and ensure SEO projects are measurable against goals
- Working with the SEO Manager and the data team to ensure SEO data is useful and actionable
- Working with the SEO Manager to build roadmaps for all SEO activities
- Produce informative and user-friendly SEO reports based on technical audits, competitor analysis, SEO performance and web analytics
- Working with the SEO Manager to present the above reports to cross-department stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Editorial, Product, IT/Engineering and Analyst team (as appropriate)
- Assist the SEO Manager in driving technical SEO change across THE’s websites
- Using your experience in SEO dataset analysis, you will identify, size and prioritize data-driven SEO optimization opportunities from a range of sources including log files, Search Console Data, crawler data, backlink audits, internal link audits, Google Analytics and Keyword insights etc.
- Support the SEO manager to manage the relationship with suppliers e.g., Botify, agency or contractors relating to SEO
- Support the SEO manager with website migrations (redirect strategy, content migration, crawl-budget optimization, etc.)
- You have experience running SEO audits (technical, content, link profile) and making clear, concise recommendations for bug fixes and improvements
- You have hands-on experience of both content SEO and technical SEO
- You have experience running SEO split tests
- Experienced in Content SEO and all it entails (e.g., identifying ranking opportunities and creating SEO optimised briefs etc.)
- Advanced understanding of keyword research and competitor analysis
- You have experience working with APIs (e.g., using Screaming Frog with Search Console API or using Google Sheets Scripts) but are likely exploring Big Query API.
- Experienced using in-house SEO technologies such as SEMRush/Ahrefs and site crawlers and providing support to cross-team users when required
- Provide SEO input into the creation and maintenance of user-friendly and search-optimised landing and product pages
- Provide strategic direction and implementation of THE’s SEO solutions, with a focus on technical, content, global and mobile tactics
- Experience with link building and link audits
- An all-rounded SEO data analysis expert
- Experienced at data wrangling across a range of SEO datasets
- An advanced user of SEO tools including Google Search Console, Keyword Planner, site crawlers (Botify or similar), and SEMRush/Ahrefs
- You have experience of helping drive lead generation through traffic growth
- You use SEO datasets, formulae and find ways to help identify actionable insights
- You are already exploring how to use BigQuery for whenever Excel fails
- You love to work with and merge multiple datasets to answer questions like “how many of our highest internally linked pages, are getting the lowest visits from Googlebot?” or ‘how many sessions begin on non-canonical landing pages?’
- Advanced Google Analytics or a similar web analytics tool
- Good command of HTML & CSS in a CMS environment
- Experience in using at least one data visualisation tool such as Data Studio, Tableau etc.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Have experience of international SEO best practices
- You work well individually and within a matrix team environment
- Hands-on experience with Google Tag Manager
- Experience with News SEO and News sitesA programming language useful for data analytics such as Python or SQL
- At least 3 years of SEO experience either in-house or agency level
- Extensive experience in conducting SEO audits and content audits (essential)
- Extensive experience with a range of site crawlers (essential)
- Extensive experience in wrangling SEO datasets (essential)
- Experience in managing data sets in a web migration (essential)
- Experience of working in an agile way within a business which is changing and developing due to acquisition and growth
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.